Ngobreak

iPH Enthousiast

• 540 μηνύματα
  • Φύλο: Άντρας
  • Κινητό: iPhone 5S
  • Tablet:iPad 2 +3G
  • GameCenter:Ngobreak

Δημοσίευση 21/06/2011 - 20:56

Αυτό θέλω να πιστεύω και εγώ γιατί δεν μπορώ να βλέπω άλλο το iPad2 μου χωρίς Cydia. Αλλο λίγο να αργίσει και θα το πουλήσω :P

Οτι θα κανεις εσυ θα κανω και γω μαλλον 

Ad

Ad

Team
iPhoneHellas
3,1416 μηνύματα
Twitter: @android
Φύλο: Όπως το δει κανείς
Κινητό: Android
Tablet: Για τα κουνούπια

Γιατί να γίνετε μέλη;

#182   aelaraole

aelaraole

iPH Member

• 206 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 21/06/2011 - 22:25

On Sunday 19th June 2011, @comex said:

If you don't know, the stashing approach jailbreaks have been using for years-- Cydia's "Reorganizing Filesystem"-- involves moving some large directories from the small / partition into the large /var partition, then creating symlinks from the original to the new location. This both ensures that any additional stuff put in those directories by packages will end up in the /var partition, and frees up space on the / partition for files created outside of those directories. However, the process has some issues, like taking forever to do when you jailbreak (I am a bit fanatical about speed), pretty much requiring the jailbreak to reboot the system to ensure there aren't any running applications pointing to the old files (ditto about speed, I want a jailbreak to not even require a respring, as in star, but since star used stashing, some obscure things could cause issues before a reboot), and seriously confusing the sandbox code in the kernel (because each application has a sandbox with a list of allowed filenames, but after the symlink has moved files, the filenames no longer match), requiring that code to be patched (it needs to be patched anyway these days because tweaks have to run under the sandboxes of the applications they're hooking, but depend on accessing various directories; but it still feels good to get rid of a kludge).

With unionfs (which was saurik's idea originally), new files are created in the /var partition, and merged with files in the corresponding directories in the / partition, so no files need to be moved, no descriptors are invalidated, and I think the sandbox code won't notice what happened. It also opens the door for upgrading the base operating system without destroying the jailbreak files (although maybe iOS 5 delta updates will already allow this? I haven't looked at them yet).

I've wanted to do this since literally a year ago (that's the date of the nullfs checkin, since I was dumb and thought I wanted that instead of unionfs), but I never got around to making it work properly.

So, I just hope that I can get rid of the crashes my meddling with unionfs's code have introduced, and fix it for the iPad 2 (my dumped copies of iPad 2 kernels do not include symbols; I wrote a small BinDiff-like tool to copy over symbols from a kernel for another device, but it's not perfect) and that there aren't any performance issues.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/b71ht7

Βάζει αυτό το link στο twitter o veeence μαζί με αυτή την φράση...If JailbreakMe 3.0 doesn't drop tomorrow, blame unionfs

#183   Dante897

Dante897

iPH Enthousiast

• 386 μηνύματα
  • Κινητό: iPhone 4
  • Tablet:iPad 2

Δημοσίευση 21/06/2011 - 22:29

On Sunday 19th June 2011, @comex said:

If you don't know, the stashing approach jailbreaks have been using for years-- Cydia's "Reorganizing Filesystem"-- involves moving some large directories from the small / partition into the large /var partition, then creating symlinks from the original to the new location. This both ensures that any additional stuff put in those directories by packages will end up in the /var partition, and frees up space on the / partition for files created outside of those directories. However, the process has some issues, like taking forever to do when you jailbreak (I am a bit fanatical about speed), pretty much requiring the jailbreak to reboot the system to ensure there aren't any running applications pointing to the old files (ditto about speed, I want a jailbreak to not even require a respring, as in star, but since star used stashing, some obscure things could cause issues before a reboot), and seriously confusing the sandbox code in the kernel (because each application has a sandbox with a list of allowed filenames, but after the symlink has moved files, the filenames no longer match), requiring that code to be patched (it needs to be patched anyway these days because tweaks have to run under the sandboxes of the applications they're hooking, but depend on accessing various directories; but it still feels good to get rid of a kludge).

With unionfs (which was saurik's idea originally), new files are created in the /var partition, and merged with files in the corresponding directories in the / partition, so no files need to be moved, no descriptors are invalidated, and I think the sandbox code won't notice what happened. It also opens the door for upgrading the base operating system without destroying the jailbreak files (although maybe iOS 5 delta updates will already allow this? I haven't looked at them yet).

I've wanted to do this since literally a year ago (that's the date of the nullfs checkin, since I was dumb and thought I wanted that instead of unionfs), but I never got around to making it work properly.

So, I just hope that I can get rid of the crashes my meddling with unionfs's code have introduced, and fix it for the iPad 2 (my dumped copies of iPad 2 kernels do not include symbols; I wrote a small BinDiff-like tool to copy over symbols from a kernel for another device, but it's not perfect) and that there aren't any performance issues.

Βάζει αυτό το link στο twitter o veeence μαζί με αυτή την φράση...If JailbreakMe 3.0 doesn't drop tomorrow, blame unionfs

Με προλαβες -.-

#184   xxxxxx

xxxxxx

iPH Guru

• 9340 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 21/06/2011 - 22:31

Με προλαβες -.-

blame unionfs που σημαινει?
πατηστε μια μεταφραση για να καταλαβουμε

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από: billytilaver, 21/06/2011 - 22:33

#185   giannos92

giannos92

iPH Enthousiast

• 378 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 21/06/2011 - 22:32

δεν αντεχω πια! ipad χωρις το cydia δεν λεεί!!

#186   ababapanos

ababapanos

iPH Contributor

• 1699 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 21/06/2011 - 22:45

δηλαδή μας λεει πως αν δεν βγει αύριο θα ειναι εξαιτίας του συστήματος unionfs

#187   xxxxxx

xxxxxx

iPH Guru

• 9340 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 21/06/2011 - 22:47

δηλαδή μας λεει πως αν δεν βγει αύριο θα ειναι εξαιτίας του συστήματος unionfs

κοιτα αυτο ποσταριστικε κυριακη ομως ;)

#188   sale

sale

iPH Member

• 290 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 21/06/2011 - 22:54

ρε παιδια επειδη δεν ην παλευω να διαβασω ολη την ιστορια, με απλα λογια, αναμενεται συντομα jailbreak tool για ipa2 ? και αν ναι περιπου για ποτε ακουγεται?

#189   Ngobreak

Ngobreak

iPH Enthousiast

• 540 μηνύματα
  • Κινητό: iPhone 5S
  • Tablet:iPad 2 +3G
  • GameCenter:Ngobreak

Δημοσίευση 21/06/2011 - 23:35

μεγαληη μεραααα αυριοοοοο!!!!

#190   aelaraole

aelaraole

iPH Member

• 206 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 21/06/2011 - 23:50

προβλέπω να μας τρελάνει..
τα νέα πάντως θα είναι αργά το βράδυ...που θα ξημερώνει στην Αμερική...

#191   dionisis00

dionisis00

iPH Member

• 341 μηνύματα
  • Φύλο: Δ/Α

Δημοσίευση 22/06/2011 - 00:08

Γιατί με το ξημέρωμα τους έρχεται έμπνευση; :P Πάντως υπολόγιζε πως αυτοί είναι 6-10 ωρες πίσω.

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από: dionisis00, 22/06/2011 - 00:09

#192   aelaraole

aelaraole

iPH Member

• 206 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 22/06/2011 - 00:10

για να κάνουν το κόσμο να μην πάει δουλεία..! :lol: :lol:

#193   katsulas

katsulas

• 975 μηνύματα
  • Twitter:@GeorgeKatsulas
  • Κινητό: iPhone 6S Plus
  • GameCenter:iKatsulas

Δημοσίευση 22/06/2011 - 00:21

Προβλέπω αύριο οι απανταχού iPadάκιδες να ξενιχτάμε!!! :rolleyes:

#194   malias4

malias4

iPH Elite Poster

• 2590 μηνύματα
  • Twitter:@Gate4
  • Κινητό: iPhone 2G

Δημοσίευση 22/06/2011 - 00:24

Σιγα τωρα μια μερα η δυο πανω κατω no problem! Eγω αναρωτιεμαι ο geohot δεν ασχολειτε πια με τζου μπου? ξερει κανενας τιποτα?
iPhone 12 pro max ios 14.2.1 jb  Apple watch series 7 nike

#195   thanasis

thanasis

iPH Guru

• 9488 μηνύματα
  • Κινητό: Άλλο

Δημοσίευση 22/06/2011 - 00:26

Έχει αναφερθεί ήδη αυτό :)

ezgif_com_crop_2.gif

Ad

Ad

Team
iPhoneHellas
3,1416 μηνύματα
Twitter: @android
Φύλο: Όπως το δει κανείς
Κινητό: Android
Tablet: Για τα κουνούπια

Γιατί να γίνετε μέλη;